This is a formal Mid-Term Exam. Respond to the following short essay questions. DO NOT use in class material, rather researched material from outside the course. The response should be NO MORE than 2 pages (double spaced) per question.
- Describe the challenges faced by US Customs and Border Protection agents attempting to secure the border. Be sure to include:
- What is the functional equivalent of the border? Give an example.
- What is the Fourth amendment exception as it pertains to border searches?
- How are seizure statistics used to justify the mission of border security? Should they be. (Note: These three subquestions are to be used for ONE essay response for Q1.)
- What are the challenges of facilitating legal border crossings while maintaining secure borders?
- What has been the economic impact of terrorism on U.S. and Global Markets since 9/11 look at this from 9/11 to the present?
- What has been the impact of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) agreements on cross border trade in North America? This is a classic compare and contract question and should be answered as such,
- Your answers should be NO MORE THAN 2 pages per each question (Reference pages for each question’s response are not counted)
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Use scholarly or other relevant sources.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia, non-peer reviewed, non-official, non-scholarly sources or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize: books, peer reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- DO NOT use the in the in class references….this exam requires outside research.