As you have learned throughout this course, the criminal justice field demands moral conduct from all participants. In your Final Paper, you will create a set of core, ethical beliefs and moral requirements for people engaged in your line of work, or your intended line of work. Drawing from Chapters 5 and 15 in your textbook, along with the eight additional sources you research to support your opinions, formulate your paper based solely upon scholarly sources. In your paper,
- Compile a comprehensive job description for your line of work or intended line of work;
- Identify all of the stakeholders related to the position;
- Describe at least three practical work scenarios where ethical decision making and moral action must be taken in the position;
- Evaluate the pros and cons of two ethical theories applicable to the work scenarios you chose;
- Create your own code of ethics for the position and the foundational sources for your code;
- Design a best-practices checklist for your chosen position; and
- Propose how your code of ethics will positively impact all stakeholders to the position.
The Final Paper
- Must be eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least eight scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.