As the lead investigator for your investigations unit, you have been selected by your supervisor to develop an updated list of qualifications for new prospective investigators who apply to transfer into the unit. In particular, your supervisor wants your feedback on several areas they feel will be key to the selection process. Keep in mind that your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, not counting the cover sheet, abstract, and reference section, and the paper should meet all APA, Sixth edition standards and requirements.
- Address the following in 2–3 pages:
- What are some of the characteristics the unit should look for in a potential investigator? Explain.
- In particular, explain why honesty and integrity are critical qualities for investigators to possess.
- What would be the educational level you would recommend for the beginning investigator to possess before being accepted into the unit? Why?
- How would prior experience in the field play a role (if any) in your decision on educational requirements? Explain.
- What role will previous work history and supervisory recommendations play in the decision-making process? Why?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.