Part 1 400-600 words with a minimum of 2 scholarly references
As the chosen project leader for the development of a new performance appraisal system at Matrix International Corporation (MIC), you continue to conduct research on some of the concerns that were voiced by senior leadership regarding the present system at Matrix. One major complaint that came directly from the employees was related to “how” feedback was provided to them during their performance appraisal reviews. Some employees viewed their treatment as “disrespectful” and the information provided about them as “inaccurate.”
Your research has provided you with some significant learnings in this area. Complete the following:
- Discuss what differentiates “good feedback practices” from “bad feedback practices.”
- Evaluate the impact that these different types of feedback practices may have on employees at Matrix.
Part 2 700-900 words with a minimum of 4 scholarly references
Your supervisor, Annalise, the Human Resources Director at Matrix, has reviewed your research on performance appraisal feedback and is very impressed with your work. She asks you to continue research into other potential areas that require improvements. Both of you acknowledge that a major gap may exist in the area of training. She asks you to prepare a report about the following aspects of training:
- Why would training be a critical component to executing a new performance appraisal system?
- What value would training bring to the process?
- Who should be given training within Matrix, and why?
- What type of training programs would be required? Describe these in detail.
- Who would provide the training at Matrix?
- Are there any types of rater bias that can be eliminated or decreased through effective training?