I’m trying to learn for my Health & Medical class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
The purpose of this assignment is to apply your understanding of simple and multiple linear regression.
For this assignment, use the “Example Dataset” to complete a simple linear regression using SPSS. Select one dependent variable, one primary independent variable, and one potential confounding variable. You will need to recode string variables into numeric variables to use them in the regression analysis. Prepare a Word document that includes all SPSS outputs.
Based on the results, create a second Word document and answer the following questions in 500-750 words.
- State your research question and hypotheses.
- Run the regression again without the potential confounding variable and discuss the impact on the coefficient of the primary independent variable. Did it change? If so, to what extent did it change? Based on this, do you think the added variable confounds the association between the independent and dependent variables?
- Export both regression output tables as part of the Word document containing the SPSS outputs.
- Provide your regression equation based on the results of the full regression model.
- Interpret the results by (a) stating the reason the study or test was done; (b) presenting the main results, including coefficients on the main independent variable and significance levels; (c) explaining what the results mean; and (d) making suggestions for future research.
Submit both Word documents to the instructor.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.