I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
- Your Class Discussion is due Thurs. 8/20 at 2 p.m. (10 Points)
- Your Reply to Two (2) Other Classmates is due Sat. 8/22 at 2 p.m. (10 Points)
In order to increase our understanding of a text, it is often helpful to discuss main ideas, details, and connections to what we are reading with others who are also studying the material. In discussing our ideas, we often notice things we had not seen before, can look at a text in a new light, and deepen our understanding of complex material. After annotating Dweck’s “The Secret to Raising Smart Kids” and completing the Fixed Minsdet Vs. Growth Mindset Graphic Organizer, answer the following questions. You can type your answers directly in Canvas by hitting “reply.” Then after submitting your response, reply to two (2) classmates with a comment, question, or connection to your own experience.
- Give specific examples from Dweck to show what a fixed mindset is and explain why this often causes problems for us.
- Give specific examples from Dweck to show what a growth mindset is and explain why this can be so helpful for us.
- Give an example of a time you or someone you know started with a fixed mindset but then developed a growth mindset Explain what caused the fixed mindset, the problems that initially occurred, as well as how a growth mindset was developed and how this created more positive results. Make this example about a specific event, such as a class in school, a workplace situation, or a relationship.
Be sure do do the following:
- Number your responses.
- In your reply, address your classmates by name, and list your name at the end
- Try to respond to 2 classmates who do not already have responses, so that everyone receives at least one response.