You must create an annotated bibliography relating to the career that you have selected.
It must be properly formatted and cited. There must be at least 10 sources with a minimum of 4 peer-reviewed articles about the career, field, or market. (Make a notation to identify the peer-reviewed articles.)
Here is the prompt for the final paper. This is simply to help you get an idea of the direction you are heading. You must complete all project items in order and receive a passing grade before moving to the next part of the term project module.
Below are some notes from the library webpage.
Annotations are about 4 to 6 sentences long (roughly 150 words), and address:
- Main focus or purpose of the work
- Usefulness or relevance to your research topic
- Special features of the work that were unique or helpful
- Background and credibility of the author
- Conclusions or observations reached by the author
- Conclusions or observations reached by you
You may turn it in in advance of the deadline, but must allow one full week for responses. Remember that assignments must be completely sequentially.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this assignment is to help you make an informed decision about the career in Real Estate that you may be considering.
- By completing this assignment, you will practice and demonstrate your ability to conduct research and write an essay.
- The purpose of this assignment is to help you practice the following skills that are essential to your success in school and your professional life beyond school. In this assignment you will:
- Access and collect needed information from appropriate primary and secondary sources.
- Synthesize information to develop an informed perspective and understanding.
- Compose a well-organized, clear, concise, report to expand your knowledge of the career you are interested in.
- This assignment will also help you to become familiar with the content knowledge in this discipline.
- You should discover issues facing professionals in the field.
- Have a complete understanding of the licensing and continuing education required for the career.
- Start by doing a cursory search of the different occupations in Real Estate.
- Consider the BLS website.
- Look at the website of professional associations for information on the changes in the industry.
- Find a Real Estate related occupation that you are interested in.
- Conduct research on every aspect of the occupation.
- State the title of the occupation
- What type of company you might work for
- What types of things you would be responsible for
- What are the licensing requirements
- What is happening to this field/industry
- What else is important to know before you make this your career
- Read and analyze different sources of career data such as average employment, job growth or decline, and any changes within the career
- What kind of salary and life can you expect with this career
- Write an essay including citations that will explain everything about the career
- The essay must be properly sourced and professionally written using proper headings and APA parenthetical citations.
- Use Cambria 12-point font with single spacing and normal margins.
- Refer to the recommended reading for assistance on how to properly format a paper. You may also seek help from the library resources.
- The paper should be no more than five pages long and must contain all the necessary information and data for a reader to make a proper decision on the career of choice.