Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 9, 10
- Minimum of 3 reliable/academic/library resources
Using open source material from the internet and the Tiffin library, choose a covert operation to analyze in a well thought out paper.
Write an essay on the covert operation you chose. Be sure to discuss some of the following key elements in your paper:
- What policies and policymakers guided the operation you selected?
- What kind of oversight was used?
- Did the use of oversight change the scope or outcome of the operation?
Provide an analysis of the operation.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 2-3 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- References page
Grading and Assessment
This activity will be graded based on the Written Analysis Grading Rubric.
Learning Outcome(s): 3, 4, 6
3. Define the U.S. Intelligence community.
4. List the different kinds of intelligence and how it is gathered.
6. Identify and explain the intelligence cycle and apply the cycle to various situations.