– All answers are to be a minimum of 500 words each, not including the questions, quotes, and references.
– Minimum of 8 references need to be used for the entire assignment. I attached 2 references for each essay question that will need to be used for that question. so at least 2 or more will need to be used to get to 8.
– The in-text citations and references are to follow APA Style 6th edition formatting.
1. Identify and Describe Broken Windows Theory and how it can be used to reduce crime. Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the theory. Of the weaknesses you’ve identified above, explain what you consider to be the main criticism of the Broken Windows theory and why.
2. Explain why police patrol methods have remained reactive in nature for decades. Numerous studies have shown patrol has little effect on crime or the fear of crime. If so, why do departments refuse to change?
3. List and describe the limitations of modern patrol allocation models. Select one limitation which you feel is especially concerning and why. What would you recommend as a possible solution?