- After watching the VICE news segment on suicide bombings, what else could be done to reduce children’s involvement in bombing campaigns? What could the U.S. realistically do to deter it?
- How does technology affect terrorism? How has technology been used in terrorists’ tactics of the past and today?
VICE News Segment Video:
hecklist before writing an argumentative essay for the class:
- Have you watched the writing tutorial video and are you aware of how to avoid plagiarism by paraphrasing and citing material? Have you read the essay guidelines on the syllabus?
- Is your response primarily based upon the material provided for the class? Always read your course material to develop your answer and cite all work that is not your original idea.
- Do you have a proper thesis statement outlining your main argument in the first paragraph? In-text citations? Reference page labeled “References”?
- The response should be divided into separate paragraphs. Do not write the response in single paragraph form.
- Have you downloaded “Grammarly” and installed it onto your word processing program such as Word? Make sure to turn it on to highlight writing issues.
- Refrain from using too many direct quotes in your response. Stick to only one quote per page. The response should be a reflection of your analytical ability and not merely a collection of direct quotes from the book or any other material.
- All the graded papers have comments from the professor via turnitin. Make sure to always read the comments before submitting your next essay.