A person is trying to decide which SUV to purchase. You recommended using AHP to help with the decision-making process. After an initial interview you have determined that the four criteria the person will base the decision on are: cost, miles per gallon (MPG), horse power (HP), and manufacturer. The following table presents the 4 criteria along with 4 alternatives.This table is just for reference; you will not need it in this exercise.
Miles per gallon (MPG)
Horse Power (HP)
Upon doing the pairwise comparisons, the person said the following:
· Prefers cost over MPG with a strength of 2.
· Prefers cost over HP with a strength of 7.
· Prefers manufacturer over cost with a strength of 3.
· Prefers MPG over HP with a strength of 2.
· Prefers manufacturer over MPG with a strength of 5.
· Prefers manufacturer over HP with a strength of 7.
a) (4 points) Using the results from the pairwise comparisons, create the A matrix for the criteria.
b) (7 points) Calculate ANorm and wT.
c) (7 points) Perform the consistency check on the A matrix. Was the person consistent?