Need help with my Communications question – I’m studying for my class.
Your essay in total should be no longer than 5 pages and no shorter than 4 pages. You will get points taken off for submitting an exam with more than 5 pages or less than 4.
Please make sure that your essay is not simply opinion-based. Support your claims with specific evidence. You should make direct references (cited correctly) to course material (including sufficient class examples). You need a bibliography in APA style, and also use in-text citations to indicate where you received your information.
1) Regarding what you have learned about the history and theories of international communications, what lesson do you think we should take from this course about media and influence/power, especially regarding politics and international relations?
To answer these questions, consider the following:
- How does studying international communication contribute to our knowledge/ perceptions/opinions about our position and place in the world?
- What are the roles of propaganda, war, and economic systems in international communications?
2) What have you learned about international communications in relation to understanding cultural and economic power as well as the construction of knowledge? Use this section to address the last four weeks of class.
Consider the following, but you don’t have to limit yourself to these ideas:
- How do we know what we know? How do we create and absorb knowledge about international affairs, politics, etc.?
- Consider some of the concepts that we have talked about in the last part of the semester: imperialism, globalization, soft power, etc.
- What are the relationships between globalization, development, new media, television and film
- Minimum of 4 pages but no longer than 5 pages (12-point font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins)
- Cite your sources. Include a bibliography in APA style.
- Proofread your work!
- Reference the rubric