1. Explain the legal significance of “surrender of a lease.” How is this effected?
2. Explain the legal nature of a covenant of quiet enjoyment as it pertains to a leasehold. Give an example of a case where breach of the covenant would arise.
3. What remedies are available to a landlord when a tenant fails to comply with the terms of the lease?
4. In what way (or ways) does a tenancy differ from a licence to use property?
5. In a commercial lease, in most provinces, landlords may distrain against the chattels of the tenant for non-payment of rent. What does this mean, an how is it accomplished?